Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Gem & Mineral clubs for good advice,

I have found that not all good rock hunting areas are not in any books, so it is so important to find a club near to you and join if you want to find rock hound friends and get inside info on good gem and mineral trails. you can find lots of good rock and gem locations in the books so I buy every one I can find that covers the areas that I might be going to for any reason and then find time to hunt while I am there. Be sure that you never climb a fence with out permission, also the laws in every state are different so it is best to read up on it for your destination .
The big Walnut trees down the river at the end of the road going down stream are the biggest wall nut trees I have ever seen, it is well worth your time to go look and take some fantastic pictures of every thing around you, there are lots of rattle snakes in the area so be aware, they are under every thing, I have killed a black one that got into the mine at Deer Creek.
Prospecting for Fire Agate is not hard and with some instructions you can easely tell if it is or not, in the sence of the word.I tryed to explain in my free book how to so that you might have at least a clue. If any of you have any good advice on this , Please give it to us.

No comments: